By Frederick Owusu Boadu
Agricultural legislations in Sub-Saharan Africa: instances and Comments introduces the topic of agricultural legislations and economics to researchers, practitioners, and scholars in universal legislations nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, and provides details from the felony approach in Botswana, Gambia, Ghana, Lesotho, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. The legislation and economics strategy includes using quantitative tools in examine. this is often in line with the expectancies in an utilized economics box corresponding to agricultural economics.
Covering the overall conventional legislation subject matters in contracts, torts, and estate, the publication is going additional to introduce state-of-the-art and region-relevant themes, together with contracts with illiterate events, agreement farming, weather switch, and transboundary water concerns. The e-book is supported through an intensive checklist of reference fabrics, in addition to learn and enrichment routines, to deepen readers’ knowing of the foundations mentioned within the e-book. it's a studying instrument, firstly, and will be used as a stand-alone source to educate the subject material of agricultural legislation and economics to execs new to the topic quarter in addition to to scholars in legislation college, agricultural economics, economics, and inter-disciplinary classes.
- Offers examine findings on such themes as nutrients protection, weather switch, transboundary typical assets, foreign sale of products, patents, and emblems to spotlight the long run assets of strain at the agriculture industry
- Uses case-studies to supply real-world insights into the demanding situations and concerns of acceptable agricultural legislation development
- Challenges readers to hold out their very own learn of their components of analysis, and to achieve a few realizing of the connection among legislations, economics, and statistics
- Includes large assets, equivalent to bankruptcy summaries, learn questions, and problem questions on the finish of every bankruptcy to help teachers and scholars in gaining complete advantages from utilizing the book
- Provides separate teacher and pupil research publications, a try out financial institution, and try out financial institution solutions, in hardcopy and digital formats
Read Online or Download Agricultural Law and Economics in Sub-Saharan Africa: Cases and Comments PDF
Best environmental & natural resources law books
Initially provided as public lectures within the 1961 assets for the longer term discussion board on Comparative assets coverage and management. initially released in 1961
Genetic range is vital to the protection of agriculture. with out the supply of a variety of plant kinds and the genetic assets they include, plants can't adapt to strive against the ever-changing threats of pests, illnesses and climatic switch. but, with the expanding industrialisation of recent agriculture, farming has turn into a company which centres on a handful of latest, genetically comparable 'super seeds'.
Transparency within the legislation of water utilities is vital so as to be sure caliber and equity. This e-book explores and compares various regulatory preparations within the water utilities sectors in 3 jurisdictions to figure out which regulatory and possession version is such a lot obvious and why.
This strong e-book makes a speciality of the potential of the yank political procedure to reply to ecological demanding situations via coverage views, the limitations of our written structure, and the decision we muster to deal with those exams of nationwide personality. positioned easily, it is a publication approximately politics, coverage, and political will.
Additional info for Agricultural Law and Economics in Sub-Saharan Africa: Cases and Comments
Agricultural Law and Economics in Sub-Saharan Africa: Cases and Comments by Frederick Owusu Boadu